Job advice for students
The marketing department at Spinnaker College are pleased to introduce an additional service aimed at students who not only wish to improve their English, but are also planning to settle down and find work in the UK. We won’t actually apply for jobs for you, but we will provide you with the knowledge and advice to apply for work with confidence in the UK!
We provide help for our students in the following areas:
• How to deal with bureaucratic issues such as requesting a national insurance number.
• How to adapt your CV and Cover letters for the UK job market. We will give you advice on what you should include in your CV and cover letter, and proofread the finished article.
• We will advise you on which course is most suitable for helping you find work in your chosen field.
• We help you to face the job search market and job interviews with confidence. Every culture is different and even interview techniques can change from culture to culture. Our teachers can arrange a personalised interview for you to practice your technique and gain confidence for the real thing*
• We can provide the student with advice about jobs in the city of Portsmouth and the surrounding area.
• We help our students to find work placements with local companies. The student can start their Internship after finishing their English classes and can then practice the English language skills that they have acquired in class and through every day living. Not only will the student be in direct contact with the language in a real working environment, but they will also learn the work habits of a different country’s work force and be able to make useful contacts.
• If a student needs more personalised help, our marketing team will do their utmost to help.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions or if you require any further information.
This offer is only available to students who book a course for 4 weeks or more
*Our teachers charge a one-to-one tutor fee for this service.