Facilities and Services for Students
From Internet to table football — Spinnaker College offers students in Portsmouth a full range of facilities & services to make life as comfortable and easy for you as possible. Many are free of charge.
- E-learning (Free)
- Internet-connected PCs for students (Free)
- Wi-Fi (Free)
- Student facilities: PC's with free internet access and a large flat-screen TV, table-football, micro-wave oven (Free)
- Airport pick up (we book a taxi for you; all fares to be paid to the college)
- Excursions & Social events (organised for free, you just pay travel/entry)
- Weekly sports activities
- Book Collection - we offer a book lending service. Choose from a range of books, especially abbreviated for English language students. There is also a large public library just outside our college; we can help you if you wish to join it (Free)
- Help if you want to open a bank account (Free)
- Help with police registration. Certain nationalities are required to register with the police. We can make an appointment for you. You need to pay registration fees to the police.
- Help with registration with a doctor or dentist (Free)
- Visa advice (Free initial advice)
- Student Handbook (Free) The handbook is full of useful advice about the college and Portsmouth, including useful contact numbers, travel information, accommodation information, security and safety advice and more.
- Help with your CV and Cover letter. For those wishing to find work in England, we can help with creating an English CV / resume and cover letter to send to companies when you apply for a job. Our friendly marketing staff will also help with providing advice and tips on how to navigate through English bureaucracy! This service is available to all students who book a course for 4 weeks or longer. Find out more
- Your safety and well-being is important to the college. We have staff trained in first aid in case you should have an accident at the college or on an excursion organised by the college.